I haven’t listed any American presidents, politicians or religious leaders. That’s an entirely different list. My list is random. Although the names are numbered, no ranking is intended.
- Prince William – He has done his mother proud.
- Anwar Sadat – His death was a tragic loss to his country.
- Joseph, Chief of the Nez Perce tribe – His ill-fated retreat of more than 1,000 miles from federal troops is legendary.
- Martin Luther King – He had a dream. We’re still working at it.
- George Carlin – He’s probably my all-time favorite comedian.
- Paul Newman – A good man.
- Danny Thomas – He was much more than met the eye. Visit the St. Jude Children’s Hospital in Memphis to see what I mean.
- John J. Audubon – I’m a birder, so Audubon makes my list. He spent 50 years painting and describing the birds of America.
- Norman Rockwell – He shared the spirit of America through his paintings. I grew up enjoying his artistry on the covers of The Saturday Evening Post.
- Thomas Edison – Every time there is a power outage, I wonder what people did before the light bulb.
These are the first ten names that popped into my mind. I probably missed a few of your favorites.